I love these guys.
I can’t even understand how an author wouldn’t understand the urge to write fanfic, create fanart. How do you even want to be an author without seeing characters and stories you like and wanting to create your own? Fanfiction is just a matter of degree.
Have you never imagined yourself into a favorite world? Have you never imagined yourself meeting a favorite character? If you have, you’ve committed fanfiction in your head. Didn’t you used to play pretend? What is the difference between thinking it and telling it to a friend? Between telling it to a friend and writing it down?
If you’re an author and you are against fanfiction, you are lying to yourself about why you even started writing fiction in the first place. None of us did this alone, all of us stand on the shoulders of giants. And sometimes we write fic about those giants.
This is lovely generally, but let me tell you, I see the CS Lewis quote and my reaction is CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, MR LEWIS, I WILL ABSOLUTELY WRITE THAT FIC ABOUT THE GOLDEN AGE OF NARNIA IN WHICH EDMUND HAS LOTS OF QUEER ADVENTURES, YOU JUST TOLD ME I COULD.
Yes, that needed all my excited capslock.
Pahaha. Yes. Good. :D
Class: These people have it in spades.
I love alot of respect I have for authors who are personally against it. If they say, I’m fine with it as the author but as the company who owns my book is not I have to say, ‘No Sorry’ then I’m cool with that. Companies are all about copyright and money grabbing. But as an author some of the first writing you do is with pre-established characters in pre-established locations just so you can get a feel for yourself and your writing. Yah you wont like all of what is written, probably not even half, but just because you don’t like some doesn’t mean you outlaw it all.
I respect authors who allow others creativity to grow.
Just wanted to add this one…
“What’s amazing is, it doesn’t matter how many times you say they’re not going to kiss, they’re not together, they love each other but that’s the point, it’s the single most imperishable friendship in the whole of English literature that’s the way it works, it’s totally unspoken that they love each other in a way that men can do but they’re not gay for each other. But it doesn’t matter how many times you say that, an entire forest of dirty fiction has arisen as a result. And long may it continue.”
—Mark Gatiss, on Sherlock Holmes slash.
- music-so-raw likes this
- citizencinemaniac reblogged this from curlingwithmetaphor
- rikersprisonblues likes this
- spaniel likes this
- kristenblakedimeras reblogged this from rachelgamage
- khoshekhs-in-yo-bathroom reblogged this from rachelgamage
- sheyrenawyrsabane reblogged this from kate-wisehart
- pa0lapag0ada reblogged this from paolapagoada
- nofancyfrills likes this
- mandala-lore reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- sandianyisi likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- drama-is-my-name reblogged this from katraine
- reddeerdawnsecondary likes this
- kaylakoo reblogged this from ladyknightkeladry
- boundlessspiral likes this
- aythree reblogged this from coffeeisoxygen
- my-pleasant-good-morning likes this
- warriorprincessaurora reblogged this from infearofblankpages
- ajgryphons likes this
- vincentursus likes this
- infearofblankpages reblogged this from napalm9
- narniancheese reblogged this from napalm9
- narniancheese likes this
- creativeanchorage likes this
- kk911 likes this
- secretlypink8059 likes this
- guardiankarenterrier likes this
- animeluv14 likes this
- estellakaleo reblogged this from napalm9
- estellakaleo likes this
- heretherebdragons likes this
- dwarva reblogged this from cadhalash
- marshalljustbecause likes this
- sherlocked4watson reblogged this from fangirltothefullest
- sherlocked4watson likes this
- superwholockstuckpotter reblogged this from canadachild9
- mr-foofyboots likes this
- pingnova likes this
- eryth-owen likes this
- moveforwards likes this
- i-love-too-much-stuff-to-say reblogged this from carry-on-my-wayward-hobbit
- a-strange-child reblogged this from carry-on-my-wayward-hobbit
- sleepsideways likes this
- 8195kc reblogged this from napalm9
- allgothicgwen likes this
- carry-on-my-wayward-hobbit reblogged this from thewintermusketeer
- thewintermusketeer reblogged this from dandaniscrazy
- mostlovingmisanthrope reblogged this from cadhalash
- mostlovingmisanthrope likes this