I love these guys.
I can’t even understand how an author wouldn’t understand the urge to write fanfic, create fanart. How do you even want to be an author without seeing characters and stories you like and wanting to create your own? Fanfiction is just a matter of degree.
Have you never imagined yourself into a favorite world? Have you never imagined yourself meeting a favorite character? If you have, you’ve committed fanfiction in your head. Didn’t you used to play pretend? What is the difference between thinking it and telling it to a friend? Between telling it to a friend and writing it down?
If you’re an author and you are against fanfiction, you are lying to yourself about why you even started writing fiction in the first place. None of us did this alone, all of us stand on the shoulders of giants. And sometimes we write fic about those giants.
This is lovely generally, but let me tell you, I see the CS Lewis quote and my reaction is CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, MR LEWIS, I WILL ABSOLUTELY WRITE THAT FIC ABOUT THE GOLDEN AGE OF NARNIA IN WHICH EDMUND HAS LOTS OF QUEER ADVENTURES, YOU JUST TOLD ME I COULD.
Yes, that needed all my excited capslock.
Pahaha. Yes. Good. :D
Class: These people have it in spades.
I love alot of respect I have for authors who are personally against it. If they say, I’m fine with it as the author but as the company who owns my book is not I have to say, ‘No Sorry’ then I’m cool with that. Companies are all about copyright and money grabbing. But as an author some of the first writing you do is with pre-established characters in pre-established locations just so you can get a feel for yourself and your writing. Yah you wont like all of what is written, probably not even half, but just because you don’t like some doesn’t mean you outlaw it all.
I respect authors who allow others creativity to grow.
Just wanted to add this one…
“What’s amazing is, it doesn’t matter how many times you say they’re not going to kiss, they’re not together, they love each other but that’s the point, it’s the single most imperishable friendship in the whole of English literature that’s the way it works, it’s totally unspoken that they love each other in a way that men can do but they’re not gay for each other. But it doesn’t matter how many times you say that, an entire forest of dirty fiction has arisen as a result. And long may it continue.”
—Mark Gatiss, on Sherlock Holmes slash.
- torchwoodruinedmylife reblogged this from rachelgamage
- torchwoodruinedmylife likes this
- nuriakendo likes this
- shesfiction reblogged this from clare009
- hstarshine likes this
- janique-marie reblogged this from rachelgamage
- justmakeleftturns reblogged this from still-intrepid
- 191811110 likes this
- still-intrepid reblogged this from janique-marie
- excessively-irish-courfeyrac likes this
- dlozsilly reblogged this from shorellestrikesback
- tatooine-sunset likes this
- lvowl likes this
- dlozart likes this
- siths-radical reblogged this from shorellestrikesback
- loveroflightandwater reblogged this from shorellestrikesback
- ahranig likes this
- zmistress likes this
- sailorfood likes this
- shorellestrikesback reblogged this from shorelle
- haveahearttinman reblogged this from bdrixhaettc
- 001hanan likes this
- beyondtheduckpond reblogged this from unreconstructedfangirl
- villain89 reblogged this from raise-it-higher
- villain89 likes this
- raise-it-higher reblogged this from lady-atlantis
- actualpanda reblogged this from bellainthetardis
- music-so-raw likes this
- citizencinemaniac reblogged this from curlingwithmetaphor
- rikersprisonblues likes this
- spaniel likes this
- kristenblakedimeras reblogged this from rachelgamage
- kaworus-anus reblogged this from rachelgamage
- sheyrenawyrsabane reblogged this from kate-wisehart
- nofancyfrills likes this
- mandala-lore reblogged this from fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- drama-is-my-name reblogged this from katraine
- reddeerdawnsecondary likes this
- kaylakoo reblogged this from ladyknightkeladry
- asdfjkl-deactivated likes this
- aythree reblogged this from coffeeisoxygen
- my-pleasant-good-morning likes this
- rogueclassaurora reblogged this from infearofblankpages
- reconfemmandoforares likes this
- vincentursus likes this
- infearofblankpages reblogged this from napallama
- narniancheese reblogged this from napallama