I love these guys.
I can’t even understand how an author wouldn’t understand the urge to write fanfic, create fanart. How do you even want to be an author without seeing characters and stories you like and wanting to create your own? Fanfiction is just a matter of degree.
Have you never imagined yourself into a favorite world? Have you never imagined yourself meeting a favorite character? If you have, you’ve committed fanfiction in your head. Didn’t you used to play pretend? What is the difference between thinking it and telling it to a friend? Between telling it to a friend and writing it down?
If you’re an author and you are against fanfiction, you are lying to yourself about why you even started writing fiction in the first place. None of us did this alone, all of us stand on the shoulders of giants. And sometimes we write fic about those giants.
This is lovely generally, but let me tell you, I see the CS Lewis quote and my reaction is CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, MR LEWIS, I WILL ABSOLUTELY WRITE THAT FIC ABOUT THE GOLDEN AGE OF NARNIA IN WHICH EDMUND HAS LOTS OF QUEER ADVENTURES, YOU JUST TOLD ME I COULD.
Yes, that needed all my excited capslock.
Pahaha. Yes. Good. :D
Class: These people have it in spades.
I love alot of respect I have for authors who are personally against it. If they say, I’m fine with it as the author but as the company who owns my book is not I have to say, ‘No Sorry’ then I’m cool with that. Companies are all about copyright and money grabbing. But as an author some of the first writing you do is with pre-established characters in pre-established locations just so you can get a feel for yourself and your writing. Yah you wont like all of what is written, probably not even half, but just because you don’t like some doesn’t mean you outlaw it all.
I respect authors who allow others creativity to grow.
Just wanted to add this one…
“What’s amazing is, it doesn’t matter how many times you say they’re not going to kiss, they’re not together, they love each other but that’s the point, it’s the single most imperishable friendship in the whole of English literature that’s the way it works, it’s totally unspoken that they love each other in a way that men can do but they’re not gay for each other. But it doesn’t matter how many times you say that, an entire forest of dirty fiction has arisen as a result. And long may it continue.”
—Mark Gatiss, on Sherlock Holmes slash.
- miriamjtroy likes this
- trixmcgee reblogged this from donegallifrey
- donegallifrey reblogged this from typicalwelshnonsense
- forthesakeofanangel likes this
- fishcollective reblogged this from athousanderrors
- generation1point5 likes this
- cathilia-crimson reblogged this from saphruikan
- saphruikan reblogged this from theanonymousbowtie96
- theanonymousbowtie96 reblogged this from thegreatgoggles
- ravenclawstuckinthetardis reblogged this from what-stop
- whimsicalspecks likes this
- thegreatgoggles reblogged this from what-stop
- thegreatgoggles likes this
- what-stop reblogged this from carryonmywaywardalpaca
- iloveeverythingwaytoomuch reblogged this from mymissingh
- carryonmywaywardalpaca reblogged this from sherlockbringingsexyback
- super-death-loms reblogged this from aramatientediada
- lifeofateenagewitch reblogged this from jade-oopale
- pulpbomb likes this
- my-rubbersoul reblogged this from sherlockbringingsexyback
- just-a-h3artbeat-away reblogged this from allthebeautifulreasons
- allthebeautifulreasons reblogged this from drunken-revolution
- allthebeautifulreasons likes this
- imogenthenardier reblogged this from drunken-revolution
- dumbledoreonaspaceship reblogged this from seekingourgreatperhaps
- seekingourgreatperhaps reblogged this from sherlockbringingsexyback
- star-gazer394 reblogged this from jen-haze15
- helloworldfromalaska likes this
- baby-bit likes this
- justnineletters reblogged this from drunken-revolution
- radecrusi reblogged this from posh-brit-guys-are-hot
- thegrammarnazinightmare likes this
- thegrammarnazinightmare reblogged this from sammylostshoe
- thatbetelgeuse likes this
- jen-haze15 reblogged this from posh-brit-guys-are-hot
- rainbowmonstrosity reblogged this from sherlockbringingsexyback
- theoverswagulatinghijabi likes this
- fangirlingwriter reblogged this from maisilverlight and added:
- banana-cloud reblogged this from flying-in-a-big-blue-box
- posh-brit-guys-are-hot likes this
- posh-brit-guys-are-hot reblogged this from sherlockbringingsexyback
- thedevilwears-samwinchester reblogged this from maisilverlight
- thedevilwears-samwinchester likes this
- drunken-revolution reblogged this from i-am-big-foot
- i-am-big-foot reblogged this from alaskansnowangel
- crazyaceyreality reblogged this from phanwholock
- crazyaceyreality likes this
- alaskansnowangel reblogged this from sammylostshoe